HIT & RUN
To protect yourself against hit and run
charges, no matter how minor an accident may seem, STOP
IMMEDIATELY. If the car must be towed or there are injuries,
report the accident to the police. Otherwise, write a
description of the accident noting the date, time, other
driver's information, witnesses, weather conditions and street
names. Pictures of the scene are helpful too.
How do you take care of fresh automotive
RECOMMENDATIONS AND PRECAUTIONS IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS
· Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car
wash solution using a soft cloth or sponge.
· Always use clean fresh water.
· Wash your vehicle in the shade
· Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges
that could mar the finish and damage the surface.
· Do not "dry wipe" your vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the
· Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily
done in the first 30 days.
· Avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely
to attract birds. Bird droppings have a high acid content and
will damage a freshly painted surface. Also, tree sap can mar or
spot a freshly painted surface.
· Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or
windshield solvent on the new finish.
· Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND PRECAUTIONS IN THE FIRST 90 DAYS
· Do not wax or polish the vehicle. This will allow the finish
to dry and harden completely.
Not everyone has towing coverage on
their insurance policy, but towing wrecked vehicles directly to
Donahoo Collision can eliminate storage charges on repaired
vehicles and the cost of two tows. One to the "tow garage" or
your home, and another to Donahoo Collision. Because insurance
companies usually only pay for the first tow, you can save both
out-of-pocket money and inconvenience by having Donahoo
Collision add the towing charges directly onto your estimate.
When assisting at the scene of an accident, most police officers
will help you place a call for a tow truck. Simply make your
wishes to have your car towed to Donahoo Collision at 5665 Belair Road known to the officer in charge. MC-N-MC Towing
(410-668-9945) does our 24 hour towing. If an insurance company
deems your vehicle a total loss, the salvage yard contracted by
the insurance company normally pays storage and tow charges.
We will post information here relating
to Donahoo Collision and any upcoming events.
Please check back for updates!